It’s time to start thinking about all things red, white and blue, and there’s nothing more patriotic than a big ol’ ribeye steak. That is, until you see what we’re about to do with it…on the Beefer! We’re going UBER patriotic today with a Red, White and Blue Ribeye Sandwich, topped with some soft and creamy goat cheese and TONS of chipotle cherry and blueberry reduction!
- 12 oz. ribeye Steak (thin cut)
- 1/2 cup frozen dark cherries
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 tbsp. chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 cup soft goat cheese or goat cheese crumbles
- 1 tsp. Coopers Provisions Smoked Salt n’ Pepper
- 4 freshly baked Bollilo rolls (or other type of sandwich roll)
Prep Time / Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 4 Sandwiches
- Make the chipotle berry reduction first.Place the berries into the Beefer Ceramic Bowl. Stir in the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and a pinch of the Cooper’s Smoked Salt n’ Place the bowl on the bottom of the Beefer and allow it to simmer until it reduces and thickens, about 15 minutes.
- Heat the Beefer to high heat.Allow the steak to come to room temperature before placing it on a Beefer Grill Grate and placing it on the highest rack possible in the Beefer. Place a Beefer Gastro Tray on the racks below to catch the drippings.
- Cook the steak for 45 seconds to 1 minute per side.Remove it from the Beefer and place it on top of the Beefer to finish. Sprinkle it with the Cooper’s Smoked Salt n’ Pepper. After the steak rests for 5-10 minutes on top, if you’d like a deeper sear, return it to the top rack of the Beefer for another 30 seconds per side.
- To build the sandwiches, slice the steak into thin, 1/4” to 1/2” slices: Place about 3oz. of sliced steak onto the bottom of each Bollilo roll. Top with 2 tbsp. of the reduction and then 2 tbsp. of the goat cheese. Top with the other half of the Bollilo rolls and enjoy!
- Place about 3oz. of sliced steak onto the bottom of each Bollilo roll.Top with 2 tbsp. of the reduction and then 2 tbsp. of the goat cheese. Top with the other half of the Bollilo rolls and enjoy!
First, let’s make the reduction. You can use fresh or frozen fruit and stir in about a tablespoon of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. Place it on the bottom of the Beefer and it’ll take care of itself in about 15 minutes.
Ribeye steaks grill up fast and easy on the Beefer. We’re putting this guy right up next to the flame at the top, so no seasoning is needed just yet. Make sure the Beefer is up to high heat, place the steak on a grill rack and slide it in! You’ll just need about 45-60 seconds on each side, and then you can let it rest on the top of the Beefer to finish:
If you want just a bit more char on your steak, throw it back in for about 30 more seconds on each side and slice it really thin to serve. You can use any type of bread for the sandwich, but the Bollilo rolls we used on this sunny Saturday afternoon were super soft and fresh!
After our sliced steak was on the rolls, we spooned a generous amount of reduction onto the steak, topped it with a few chunks of that creamy goat cheese and we were ready to enjoy!
Place about 3oz. of sliced steak onto the bottom of each Bollilo roll.Top with 2 tbsp. of the reduction and then 2 tbsp. of the goat cheese. Top with the other half of the Bollilo rolls and enjoy!