Why is it that we always want what we can’t have?! People with curly hair want straight hair. People with straight hair want curly hair. Blondes want to be brunettes and brunettes want to be blondes. And all I want to eat right now is chicken wings! Staffing shortages are abundant right now and chicken processing plants are no exception. This is causing shortages in stores of specialty cuts of chicken, including WINGS!!! NOOOOOO!!!!!!! I managed to find some frozen, uncooked wings in the grocery store freezer, so the cravings for my favorite finger food were about to be satisfied. I wanted to make them simple, spicy and delicious, so I grabbed some Cajun seasoning, butter, limes, paid for my groceries, and ran out of the store as if I’d just won the lottery! I couldn’t wait for the fryer OR the air fryer, the oven, the grill, or the skillet, so I fired up the Beefer! I’d never “Beefed” wings before, but my baby has never let me down, so I just threw them onto a Grill Grate, and slid them into the bottom of The Beefer. After about 15 minutes, and turning them every 3-4 minutes, they were golden, crispy and PERFECTLY cooked! I tossed them in the butter, Cajun seasoning and lime. Less than an hour after starting, my family and I had cooked up and eaten 2 lbs. of chicken wings! Finger foods for all…thanks to the Beefer!
- 2 lbs. chicken wings and drumettes
- 4 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. Cajun Seasoning
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 green onion, chopped
3. Place the Grill Grate in the bottom of the Beefer, on top of the Gastro Tray. Grill for about 15 minutes, rotating the wings every 3-4 minutes.
4. Internal temperature should reach 165 degrees before removing from the heat:
5. Transfer the wings to a large mixing bowl. Toss with the butter, Cajun seasoning and lime juice:
- Transfer to a serving dish and finish with the chopped green onions and any remaining lime juice: