Ok, so we all know about how the Beefer cooks the most amazing steaks, right?! But I’m determined to show you how VERSATILE the Beefer can be. In fact, I don’t think of the Beefer as strictly a grill. I consider it an OVEN too. It allows you to cook just about anything perfectly and quickly!
Since fall is well underway, it’s time for those savory herbs and spices with lots of big, comforting meats. So today, I’m going to show you how to roast the perfect savory-seasoned, bone-in, skin-on chicken breast!
I’m starting with some of my favorite HUGE chicken breasts. These babies weigh a good 10-12 oz. each, so they’re going to need to be wrapped in foil for the majority of cooking time, otherwise we’ll have crispy brown skin outside, and raw chicken inside. Nobody wants that! The foil will deflect a lot of the heat and allow the inside of the chicken to cook before the outside burns.
To get started, place the breasts skin side up on a large sheet of foil and drizzle well with olive oil. Coat them with Cooper’s Provisions Smoked Mediterranean Sea Salt n’ Pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Place a few sprigs of fresh thyme and Rosemary on top, sprinkle with lemon zest and wrap them in the foil tightly.
Heat the Beefer up to medium heat and place the breasts skin side down on the Beefer’s deep tray, directly in the center. Let them roast for about 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches about 160 degrees.
Carefully remove the chicken from the heat and allow the foil to cool slightly before unwrapping the breasts to reveal the skin. Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs and place the chicken back into the Beefer on the very bottom.
The chicken will need to finish, sear and crisp the skin, about 5 more minutes. The end result should be perfectly cooked chicken breasts with dark, crispy skin!
I’ve done these same chicken breasts on other grills and in a conventional oven. They took twice the time, didn’t always have the crispy skin I was looking for, and most definitely didn’t have the juicy, perfectly seasoned and roasted flavor from The Beefer! I’ll be making these again and again!
Herb Roasted Chicken Breasts
Prep Time: 5 minutes / Cook Time: 20 minutes / Servings: 2
- 2 large bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 tbsp. Cooper’s Provisions Smoked Mediterranean Sea Salt n’ Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Onion powder
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the Beefer to medium heat.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the Cooper’s Provisions Smoked Mediterranean Sea Salt n’ Pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Stir to combine.
- Drizzle the breasts evenly with the olive oil on both sides and then sprinkle with the salt/pepper mixture evenly on both sides.
- Place the breasts skin side up on a large sheet of foil and place the fresh thyme and Rosemary sprigs evenly on top.Sprinkle each one with lemon zest and wrap them in the foil tightly.
- Use the Beefer deep tray to place the chicken skin side down and set it into the center rack.Roast for 20 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches approximately160 degrees.
- Carefully remove the chicken from the heat and allow them to cool slightly before opening the foil.Remove the thyme and rosemary sprigs, exposing the upper skin. Place the chicken back into very bottom rack of the Beefer to finish for about 5 minutes. Final internal temperature should reach 165 degrees. Remove from the heat and allow the chicken to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.